Call for testing.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 22 08:28:24 EDT 2003

I've just had a bit of a spring clean...

 - rewritten the locking around MTD device registration/deregistration,

 - revamped the map drivers so that simple linear mappings no longer
   need out-of-line functions to access the chip and so that XIP is a
   little more feasible,

 - taken out all the horrid Linux blkdev crap from FTL,NFTL and
   mtdblock, replacing it with a library which creates the kernel thread
   for them and does all the relevant partitioning and block request
   queue crap for 2.4 and 2.5

 - Fixed all the makefiles for out-of-tree build in 2.5

 - Cleaned up include files

 - Removed support for ancient (older than about 2.4.10 I think) kernels
   from compatmac.h. You should still be able to make it work by using
   and older compatmac.h -- I just don't want to know about it :)

It all seems to be working for me in 2.4 and 2.5, and I'm intending to
send it Linuswards soon, and probably to Marcelo for 2.4.22-pre1 too if
that goes well. So let me know if you can break it :)

I still need to fix the DiskOnChip and NFTL drivers to stop abusing the
mtd->read_ecc API, and double-check JFFS2 is still building and working
in 2.5.current, but that's about it, I think.

--
dwmw2