problem installing grub on DOC2000

Edward A. Hildum ehildum at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed May 14 18:32:23 EDT 2003

I'm not sure about 48MB DOCs, but with 256 MB DOC 2000 TSOPs, DFORMAT 5.1.4
installs an initial program loader that wants grub_firmware to have
properties different than the ones the GRUB build process makes.  In
particular, it wants the first 12KB to have a checksum of 0x55 rather than
the first 8KB.

On the other hand, DFORMAT is aware of the different DOC models and treats
them differently, so this may not apply to the 48M DOC.  If you can boot
DOS from a floppy, you can use DOS DEBUG to look at the initial program
loader in the DOC memory window.  With a little effort, you can figure out
what the IPL wants grub_firmware to look like.

Ted Hildum