CFI chip problem

Sinan Kusdogan kusdogan at boun.edu.tr
Mon May 5 17:33:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to boot my own kernel on a non-standard board that uses Hynix
7201 CPU. I've its original zImage that boots successfully. But my own
kernel couldn't find my Hynix Flash ROM which is fully CFI compatible.
It can not detect the CFI chip using cfi_send_gen_cmd functions in
"cfi_probe.c" file. Chip's at physical address 0.

1. How can i find the virtual address of flash from the original kernel?

2. Why doesn't physically mapping at location zero work?

Thnx,
Sinan Kusdogan