Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtualaddress80000013

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Mar 31 04:02:55 EST 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 09:37, Eric DEJONC wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have a question....
>   What is the physical start adress of flash mapping, and where can I find
> it. I get different results if I change this value. In the
> arch/arm/machsa1100/trizeps.c, its is written:
The physical address is defined by your board design. It depends on the
chipselect, addressdecoding...
The virtual address is the address which is used inside the kernel driver
code. This address is translated by the MMU into a physical address.
e.g.
MTD driver uses virtual address 0xf0000000 according to chip-mapping. So a
read from 0xf0000000 is a read from the physical address 0x30000000, which is
the physical hardware address of the flash chip.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de