jffs2 / eCos

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Mon Mar 31 01:50:47 EST 2003

On Mon, 31 March 2003 08:26:37 +0200, Bob Koninckx wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 23:22, Jörn Engel wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 March 2003 22:49:40 +0200, Bob Koninckx wrote:
> > >
> > > I successfully included jffs2 in my powerpc based system. The fileio1
> > > test runs sucessfully. I am now trying to flash an initial version of
> > > the filesystem to be used by my application.
> > >
> > > The block size of my flash is 128kBytes. I made the filesystem image
> > > with the following command
> > >
> > > mkfs.jffs2 -v --big-endian -e 0x20000 -r ./jffs2root -o jffs2root.img -p
> > >
> > > First I tried mkfs.jffs2 version 1.32. Mounting the filesystem did not
> > > even succeed in this case. Apparently some magic number that needed to
> > > be 1985 was read as 8519. Some endianness problem I suppose.
> >
> > You forgot -b (big endian), it seems.
>

> I _did_ specify --big-endian. That has the same effect doesn't it ?

It should. But then again, I'd have to check the code to see that it's
smarter than me. :)

> > > After upgrading to version 1.35, the filesystem can be mounted. Files
> > > and directories appear to be present (the same fileio1 test still runs
> > > sucessfull and lists what should be present). Opening a file on this
> > > system seems to succeed (fopen returns a FILE * anyway). However, when I
> > > try to _read_ from the file, I get EIO errors.
> >
> > This is strange. You still forgot -b but can mount it?

Even stranger now. Jffs2 on powerpc work just fine for me (unter
linux), mkfs.jffs2 on i386 host included.

Jörn

--
Measure. Don't tune for speed until you've measured, and even then
don't unless one part of the code overwhelms the rest.