DQ5 & DQ6 in chips/cfi_cmdset_0002.c (Dairy Queen 5 warning)

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Wed Mar 19 14:38:30 EST 2003

--=-kZtkePRDB816W7SZVvFx

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 08:56, Steve Wahl wrote:

> Still thinking about the rest of what you wrote.  My initial thoughts
> are this shouldn't really need a whole separate command set file.

Yeah, I don't like making a new driver either.  The concerns are knowing
_not_ to check DQ5 and other status bits as well as knowing that a
device does not support suspend/resume.  That could be described in
another field of the jedec_table[] - unless we can come up with a
_reliable_ way of probing that functionality.

I'm still thinking, too.  I just wanted a starting point - sometimes
it's hard to get going without some sample code.