bootloader question for NAND flash boot from JFFS2

Vishal vishal at laser5.co.jp
Wed Mar 12 04:02:26 EST 2003

Hi all,
  I have written a bootloader for booting from a jffs partition on a
NAND flash device for one of the boards i am working with. Currently, i
am able to locate the inode for the zImage on the filesystem .i.e. in
the flash emulation region i construct. i then generate a list of all
the inodes related to the inode number for the zImage enetry. This list
then becomes a input for my decompress routine which copies the
decompressed data to the location in memory where the final jump will be
made, and the kerenel will start booting...
  i am stuck with something i havent been able to identify...all the
steps seem to go perfectly, and after thee jump to the starting memory
 location of the kernel, i get a message:

Uncompressing Linux............................... done, booting the kernel.

but the system doesnt boot....any idea what can have caused this
behaviour?do u think my decmpress routines need to be looked at again.
Please do help.
Thanking y'all in anticipation.
regards,
vishal