2.4.19 rmk4 Jffs2 Performance problems, Upgrade diffulculty.

RobertS RobertS at visi.com
Tue Mar 11 07:31:29 EST 2003

Thomas Gleixner wrote:

>On Monday 10 March 2003 23:56, RobertS wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>    I am running an almost pristine copy of 2.4.19 rmk4.
>>    I have applied the patch, linux-2.4.19-pre10-shared-zlib.
>>    I have updated to mtd-snapshot-20030305.tar.
>>

>Could you please try the following:
>1. Get your almost pristine copy of 2.4.19.rmk4
>2. use latest MTD snapshot and use patchin.sh from patches directory. This
>will apply zlib patch too
>3. Report results

Hello Thomas,

    Sure.

    Please provide the name and location of the MTD snap shot so I use
the correct one.  The  mtd snapshot that I used originally was
mtd-snapshot-20030305.tar.gz.  I had numerous problems with this snap
shot and 2.4.19. Unfortunately, there was a lot of "pilot" error when I
started this upgrade effort. Let me know and I will proceed carefully
and capture the results.

    The  performance of approximately 4 minutes to copy a 1 meg file was
with an almost "pristine" 2.4.19 rmk4 kernel. Does this meet
expectations for that iteration of jffs2?

Robert