Memory leak

matsunaga matsunaga_kazuhisa at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Mar 10 10:36:24 EST 2003

Hi.

> On Monday 10 March 2003 00:10, matsunaga wrote:
> > Yes, I use JFFS2.
> > If you mount a device with a file on JFFS2, a dirent node and a dnode are
> > alloced. But upper layer does not issue, jffs2_clear_inode for an inode of
> > the dnode during unmount. You can see it just by free command if my
> > implementation is not wrong.
> on umount put_super is called
> void jffs2_put_super (struct super_block *sb)
> {
> SNIP
> jffs2_free_ino_caches(c);
> jffs2_free_raw_node_refs(c);
> vfree(c->blocks);
> SNIP
> }
> So everything is freed there.

Fragtree and the dnode resoure belongs to it are not freed there.

>  Are you looking at the first line of output from
> free (Mem:) ? Have a look at the second line (-/+ buffers/cache).
> If this is worrying you too, then send output of free before mount and after umount.

I will send the output later... not available now..
I am looking at amount of free area by free command.

If you have an environment, could you please check it with a device which is written a large file?
Because it might be just the problem of my environment...

Best regards.