Memory leak

matsunaga matsunaga_kazuhisa at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Mar 9 18:10:40 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Gleixner" <tglx at linutronix.de>
To: "matsunaga" <matsunaga_kazuhisa at yahoo.co.jp>; <linux-mtd at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: Memory leak

> On Sunday 09 March 2003 17:46, matsunaga wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I am testing on NAND flash.
> > There seems memory leak when you mount and unmount a device with some data.
> > Dnode resource acquired during mount seems not to be freed during unmount.
> This is not a Problem of NAND Flash. It's a filesystem related problem.
> Do you use JFFS2 ?
> If yes, which Dnode resource do you mean ? Where is it allocated ? Can you
> please give more precise information ?

Sorry for lacking details.

Yes, I use JFFS2.
If you mount a device with a file on JFFS2, a dirent node and a dnode are alloced.
But upper layer does not issue, jffs2_clear_inode for an inode of the dnode during unmount.
You can see it just by free command if my implementation is not wrong.

Best regards.