JFFs2 usage questions

yong_guo@scomcenter.com yong_bvcom at sina.com
Fri Jun 27 10:49:02 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vikram Mehta" <vm6580 at hotmail.com>
To: "mtd" <linux-mtd at lists.infradead.org>
Cc: "Uclinux-Dev at Uclinux.Org" <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 4:31 PM
Subject: JFFs2 usage questions

> Hi,
>
> Now I can mount  using  jffs2.
> and my directory does show the contents.
> I have a few questions on the usage of JFFs2
>
> 1.)  I cannot mkdir into the folder. I mount dev/mtdblock2 on  /mnt.
> If I do mkdir ,  the message comes
> no space left on device
>
> 2.) if I reboot the system /mnt is left as empty.
>
> 3.) How can I provide that 1or 2 of my partions are readonly. That is they
> are not erased

You can modify these partions worked as readonly  in MTD partions driver,  in  the subfloder of the linux kernel source code
that's /drivers/mtd/maps/, edit the one of these file which you are using for MTD partion!

> 4.) I want that after booting, one partition is created as Jffs2. ( I can
> add the commands in rc) and I can write on it like on do on /var which is
> mounted on RAM
please view ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/mtd/cvs/mtd/mtd-jffs-HOWTO.txt for detail!