May day, May day; DoC2000 with Flash How-to!!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jun 27 04:22:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 21:15, Madhav Kandhikonda wrote:
> b) Tried to install Linux on DoC2000, ended in errors

How can we possibly help if we do not know what the errors _were_?

What did you try, and what happened?

I don't understand precisely what you mean by 'Toshiba Flash' and why
you might have been trying to plug it into an IDE port.

> What am I looking from you
> **************************
>
> ==> How to make DoC2000 as Boot device

This is described in the HOWTO. If you have followed the steps in the
HOWTO and failed, you will need to describe the problem.

> ==> How to make Flash device as Storage device

Without any clue what your 'Flash device' is, this is impossible.

> ==> EXT3 or JFFS2 for Flash File system?

Fish.

> ==> How to use GRUB instead of troublesome LILO

Again -- see the HOWTO.

> **By using only ONE IDE port for these 2 devices**

You can't possibly have tried to put a DiskOnChip 2000 into an IDE port;
I'm vaguely interested in what else you've tried to plug into it...

--
dwmw2