Ask a question about mtdblock.

Yy Yy yy_hust at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jun 26 09:38:56 EDT 2003

Thank you a lot
> Assuming you're talking about implementing USB mass
> storage
> 'personality' for the USB slave code, surely you
> shouldn't be making it
> at all specific to the mtdblock device? You should
> make it work on _any_
> block device.

That's just what I want to do.

> No. You should do neither of those. And if you want
> any reasonable
> chance of data integrity you shouldn't be using the
> mtdblock device for
> writing at all. You should send read and write
> requests via the block
> device queues -- see blkmtd.c for inspiration.

Could you please tell me why the data integrity will
be destroyed if I write/read the device file?

Do you mean I should add the read/write request to the
request_queue of blkdevs[MAJOR_NR], and let it handle
the request by itself.

Could you please give me more ideas about it.

Thank you!