JFFS2 warning message

Kevin Liao kevinliao at iei.com.tw
Wed Jun 25 06:50:23 EDT 2003

Dear all,

I had a mtd partition on NAND flash mounted as JFFS2. If the power was shutdown abnormally, after that each time when the system
rebooted and tried to mount it again, I always saw a warning message "Empty flash at 0x00000a14 ends at 0x00000c00". Although I
finally found that message was printed by jffs2_scan_eraseblock function in jffs2/scan.c, I still had no idea about what's really
happened. Does anyone could explain the reason about that warning message or tell me what should I do to avoid the kernel's
complaint? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kevin