Please Help, problem mounting jffs2

Frank R Callaghan f.callaghan at ieee.org
Fri Jun 13 14:11:07 EDT 2003

On Friday 13 June 2003 01:39 pm, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Looks like it's waiting for the garbage collect thread. What happened to
> it? Can you put a printk into the very beginning of
> 'jffs2_garbage_collect_thread()' in background.c, and another printk
> after the daemonize() call.

Like this:

static int jffs2_garbage_collect_thread(void *_c)
{
        struct jffs2_sb_info *c = _c;

        D1(printk(KERN_DEBUG "****jffs2_garbage_collect_thread start...\n"));

        daemonize("jffs2_gcd_mtd%d", c->mtd->index);

        D1(printk(KERN_DEBUG "****jffs2_garbage_collect_thread after
daemonize()...\n"));

        c->gc_task = current;
        up(&c->gc_thread_start);

-----------------
No extra output !!!

> Also hit SysRq-T and see exactly where the mount process is waiting -- I
> suspect it's in jffs2_start_garbage_collect_thread().

I'm running this on an embedded system and the console is via minicom (ttyS1),
SysRq-T doesn't seem to work !

If I have to I can bodge up some H/W to allow a real console (only as a last
resort) ;)

TIA,
	Frank.