SAMSUNG NAND FLASH

gjx xiaoxing001 at etang.com
Wed Jun 4 21:47:15 EDT 2003

hi

	I will test a new board with a NAND device chip.As a beginner of MTD,I'm puzzled about how to start, what to do to implement it. Can you give me the steps ?

    Do I need add a hardware specific driver--pb1k_nand.c  in \drivers\mtd\nand\ as edb7312.c. I expect to get a SamSung's nand driver similar to edb7312.c then modify it to merge it into the MTD. Can you send it to me?

    In addition to the pb1k_nand.c, what should to modify in the MTD.

Thanks very much!

My configuration is as follows:
CPU: AU1100 (MIPS)
NAND: Samsung K9F1G08Q0M (1GMb, 8bit interface).
Filesystem: yaffs

        gjx
        xiaoxing001 at etang.com
          2003-06-05