cfi_send_gen_cmd(0x98, 0x55, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type, NULL); not workin

Andrew Goodney andrew at blueskylabs.com
Tue Jun 3 14:20:08 EDT 2003

David Woodhouse wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 10:23, Vikram Mehta wrote:
>

>>Hi joern,
>>Thanx
>>I agree this format was confusing. So let me put it simply
>>
>>in cfi_probe.c  in  cfi_probe_chip function
>>
>>cfi_send_gen_cmd(0xF0, 0, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type, NULL);
>>Works
>>but
>>
>>cfi_send_gen_cmd(0x98, 0x55, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type, NULL);
>>doesnot work.
>>It fails when   __raw_writew(d, map->map_priv_1 +adr); is called in its
>>stack.
>>

>>From the Cc I'm inferring you're using uCLinux. Are you running with
>your kernel in flash? Is your kernel in the _same_ flash chip as is
>being probed here?
>
>If so, it's not really surprising it doesn't work. As soon as you send
>the '0x98' command, your entire kernel turns into the CFI query results
>and it isn't really going to work too well :)

We had this problem as well on our uClinux systems. Once we changed to
running the kernel out of RAM our chips were detected properly.

The uClinux archives have a large amount of information on how to get
uClinux+MTD+JFFS(2) to play nicely together. I suggest searching the
online archive, as the subject comes up very often on that list.

Good luck,
Andrew Goodney
andrew at blueskylabs.com