cfi_send_gen_cmd(0x98, 0x55, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type, NULL); not workin

Vikram Mehta vm6580 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:23:48 EDT 2003

Hi joern,
Thanx
I agree this format was confusing. So let me put it simply

in cfi_probe.c  in  cfi_probe_chip function

cfi_send_gen_cmd(0xF0, 0, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type, NULL);
Works
but

cfi_send_gen_cmd(0x98, 0x55, base, map, cfi, cfi->device_type, NULL);
doesnot work.
It fails when   __raw_writew(d, map->map_priv_1 +adr); is called in its
stack.

The stack built is (downwards)

cfi_send_gen_cmd
cfi_h_cfi_build_cmd
cfi_write
my_physmap_write16
__raw_writew(d, map->map_priv_1 +adr)

So what do u think. I hope it i s amore understandable format now.