cfi_probe_chip problem

Vikram Mehta vm6580 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:41:48 EDT 2003

Hi people.
i built mtd and jffs2 support in my kernel with the flash chip is
AM29DL323GB .

Now my kernel doesnot boot  after I have put in MTD and JFFS2 supoort.

I am using CYGWN plus I am not very well versed with oops tracing and stuff
but I have been able to find out where theproblem is

Let me tell u in detail with a map
cfi_probe     calls
     cfi_probe_chip. calls
             cfi_send_gen_cmd calls
                              cfi_build_cmd
                            cfi_build_cmd  returns
       cfi_send_gen_cmd:   code
                        if (prev_val)
                     *prev_val = cfi_read(map, addr); doesnot satify
         cfi_send_gen_cmd     calls
                           cfi_write     The values called are  __u32
val=250 and __u32 addr = 0
                            cfi_write calls
                                   mymap->write16 calls
                                      __raw_writew(d, map->map_priv_1 +
adr);
                                       __raw_writew(d, map->map_priv_1 +
adr);      returns
                                     mymap->write16  returns
                           cfi_write retruns
        cfi_send_gen_cmd  returns
cfi_probe_chip again calls
               cfi_send_gen_cmd
                       .........similar to above stack
                              cfi_write     The values called are  __u32
val=152 and __u32 addr = 170
cfi_write calls
                                   mymap->write16 calls
                                       __raw_writew(d, map->map_priv_1 +