Handling multiple NAND chips

J.D. Bakker bakker at thorgal.et.tudelft.nl
Sun Jul 27 09:58:44 EDT 2003

At 9:42 -0400 27-07-2003, David Woodhouse wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 08:54, J.D. Bakker wrote:
>>  What is the return value for select_chip supposed to be ? Current CVS
>>  is a bit ambiguous in this regard (understandably, considering the
>>  newness).
>
>Currently void -- I can't imagine cases where it could fail. I suppose
>I'll probably turn out to be wrong though...

I was wondering what to do when 'chip' is larger than the maximum
number of NANDs. Currently I silently deselect all devices when that
happens.

>  > Style question: unsigned char, __u8, u_char, u_int8_t or uint8_t ?
>>  The kernel part of CVS uses all five in different places.
>
>unsigned char, uint8_t and u_char are the only ones I'd want to see --
>and the latter only if it's already in use. One of the former two in new
>code, please -- preferably 'unsigned char' I think.

unsigned char it is then.

>I reserve the right to do otherwise, and to change my mind -- not
>necessarily in that order.

HEY! I resemble that remark !

Thanks,

JDB
[just tried to insmod my first cut of the lartcan NAND driver -- blew
up with 'partition extends beyond the end of device "<NULL>"' and a
bunch of divisions by zero. Back to the drawing board...]
--
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The