Garbage Collection thread questions

Vikram Mehta vm6580 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 20:02:36 EDT 2003

Hi Folks,

I am trying to solve the problem of  mount-crashing-the-system problem.

1.) The GC thread written in background.c is primarily a optimization.

So can I avoid using it for the time being.
I am almost certain that GC is the  problem for my mount crashing the system

2.) Kernel_thread used in background.c makes a new thread  .. right?
But I have read that in uClinux, parent and child thread have the same
stack. ( Correct me if I am wrong anywhere)
So if the stack space is the same, will not one thread curropt the return
addresses etc of hte other thread.

So iun uClinux , how do I make sure this does not happen. I am getting
little confused here

Hep me here

Vikram Mehta