hardcoded maximum number of CFI chips - continued

andrzej.mialkowski at inetia.pl andrzej.mialkowski at inetia.pl
Mon Jul 21 17:34:05 EDT 2003

Yes, linked list is nice solution; I would also prefer it while writing a new
module.
Problem is that module exist and works pretty well. My priorities are time to
solution and risk of bug avoidance. You must agree that this is big difference
between changing number 8 to 10 and rewriting even only module initialization
to linked lists.
Compromise solution may be leave runtime structures as they are, and change
chips table to be 'reallocated' for instance in 4-16 chip increments. This
solution reduces to reasonable amount of copying and memory allocations (still
not critical during initialization), supports 'unlimited' number of chips and
may be implemented and tested in period of few hours. I can do this tomorrow.

Andrzej