AM29LV160DB

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Fri Jul 18 11:25:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 22:57, 席育孝 wrote:
> I am now working with NEC VR4131 and flash AM29LV160DB.
> I use Harhat Linux.
> I have a trouble now.Can anyone help me?
> I configure MTD subsystem as below:
>     MTD support
>     Direct char devices access to MTD devices
>     Caching block device access to MTD devices
>     Detect flash chips by CFI
>     Older drivers for non-CFI chips

You shouldn't need non-CFI drivers - the AM29LV160DB is a CFI chip.

>     JEDEC device support

Does this mean CONFIG_MTD_JEDECPROBE, CONFIG_MTD_JEDEC or both?
JEDECPROBE shouldn't be necessary for the CFI part.

>     Mapping drivers for chip access

Which mapping drivers?  Do the mapping drivers match the hardware?

> But when I boot my target,the AM29LV160DB can not be detected!!!:(
> Did I make some mistakes?Please help me.

You should select CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG and set CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE to
3.  The dmesg output (or "echo 9 >/proc/sys/kernel/printk" for console
output) might provide more hints as to what is going on.

--
Thayne Harbaugh
Linux Networx