intel 440bx unshadow for doc2001

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 14 07:09:27 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 12:08, roger wrote:
> If i'm correct, the unshadow code just needs to be written into MTD for
> everything to work easily?

Seems perfectly reasonable.

In theory, we ought to already have the appropriate unshadowing code in
drivers/mtd/maps/l440gx.c; it's just that that driver will only then
look for NOR flash chips rather than a DiskOnChip. Does it work if you
load l440gx.c, watch it fail to find any flash chips, then unload it and
load docprobe.c?

I'm working on a rewrite of the DiskOnChip drivers; I'll probably make
it so that a separate driver can call a 'probe for DiskOnChip at address
XXXX' function, then we can make that an option for l440gx and other
such drivers rather than having hard-coded tables in the docprobe code
itself.

--
dwmw2