nand flash driver

Stephan Linke Stephan.Linke at epygi.de
Fri Jul 11 03:33:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

> It will work with addresslines, if
>
> 1. All datasheets are reliable
> 2. Your hardwaredesigner can precalculate all the timings in details even
> under high interrupt load !!!!
> 3. the softwareguy is aware of the above problems
>
> My experience is (I have a bunch of different solutions here on top of my
> desk):
>
> Either you have a genius in hardware and software design available or you have
> a rock solid solution with GPIO/FPGA/CPLD. The second one will either
> increase your production costs by <1$ per piece or decrease your performance
> by about 8%.
> Both negatives will be less than the debugging and redesign costs.

I don't know exactly what our hardware guys did but from softer perspective I can say the most "difficult" part is to copy nand_command() and modify it so it uses your addresses to switch between data, address and command mode. You can remove a few calls of hwcontrol(). Write your own hwcontrol() and dev_ready() function, that's it. Few magic in there.
The important question is: did the hardware designer a good job? And I hope ours did. ;-)

Stephan