NAND-Flash ECC data not used

Juergen Beisert jbeisert at eurodsn.de
Tue Jul 8 04:01:10 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I have tried to use a 16MiB NAND flash in my application. It seems to work,
but it also seem that the driver is not using the ECC data. I have derived my
small driver from the spia.c source and have added the line

this->eccmode=NAND_ECC_SOFT;

before calling nand_scan(). nand_scan() inserts the ECC check routines
correctly in the structure. But later, if the jffs2 calls the driver to read
data from flash, it calls nand_read_ecc() with parameter oobsel = 0. So the
line

int	eccmode = oobsel ? this->eccmode : NAND_ECC_NONE;

in nand_read_ecc() switches back to NONE ecc mode while reading.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Juergen Beisert