Diskonchip MD2200-D16 redhat installation

Stephen Brown sbrown at stirling-dynamics.com
Wed Jul 2 05:52:08 EDT 2003

basically the best place to start is the 'howto boot disk' this will tell
you exactly how to build a linux boot  for a floppy disk, the principles for
building on be it flash or harddrive is exactly the same, infact i returned
to this website quite a few times,

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO/

just for testing build a 2 part floppy disk, one with kernel and one with
root and practise booting it from the floppy disk,

i think the best way tho is to prepare the DOC with jffs then i assume you
can build your root fs and kernel on it and not worry too much about power
down etc?

regards stephen