PC jumping to wrong location

Vikram Mehta vm6580 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 02:03:09 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

 when I try to mount a partition using jffs2

it says
***
mtdblock_open
ok
****

but then either system stops responding,
Or the kernel crashes
with the PC ( i am working on motorola 68VZ328) jumps to strange locations
like 00007  and sometimes the kernel is corrupted too.

Sometimes it mounts properly byt when I  cd into the mounted folder , then
the system crashes...

The kernel I built was very stable before I put in
Jffs2 support. to putJffs2 support I had tomake the kernel run from RAM but
i don't think that  is the problem here

Can anyone give me any clues or hints as to how can I solve this problem...

I hv been working on this problem for a  long tie now

regards
Vikram