Data CRC failed on node at ...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 30 14:34:53 EST 2003

steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de said:
>  What can I do now?

Ignore it.

> Is there something like a repair tool?

Not at the moment, no.

> Or can I at least find out which file is corrupted?

Nothing's corrupted. It's probably because the machine was powered off or
rebooted while it was busy garbage-collecting. As it writes out new
replacement nodes before the old ones are marked obsolete, if you interrupt
it, it means that the original node will have remained intact on the flash
-- only the new node which was _going_ to replace it is broken, and that's
part of what the CRC check is there for.

It'll go away in time when the block in which the offending node resides is
garbage collected.

--
dwmw2