NFTL not recognizing disk on chip in some cases

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Wed Jan 29 13:30:42 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 11:42 am, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Unless the bad things are irreversible this should not be the case.
> AFAIR I always took care to remove the module before formating.

FWIW, I have seen the same problems you describe, but was never able to get
to the point where it was repeatable.

The one thing that always seemed to get the DoC back to a reasonable state
was running the M-Sys DFORMAT utility -- in your case, version 4.2.  For
instance, if I had somehow corrupted the DoC with the nftl module loaded when
it shouldn't have been, subsequent nftl_format commands (even without nftl
loaded) didn't seem to make things right again.

Mark