Accessing DiskonChip

Sanal Kumar p_sanalk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 01:01:17 EST 2003

Hi David,

I have added following lines in the docprobe.c

static unsigned long __initdata doc_locations[] = {
#elif defined (__arm__)
	0x18000000,
#else
#warning ---
#endif
0};

So i think I dont need to define it in
CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE_ADDRESS.

And My log message is like this .

DiskOnChip Millennium found at address 0x18000000
Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: E6
(Toshiba TC58V64AFT/DC)
1 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 8 MiB

out-of-line wait
_DoC_WaitReady called for out-of-line wait
.
. _DoC_WaitReady called for out-of-line wait
Could not find valid boot record
Could not mount NFTL device

In Our board SA_A1 ->DOC_A0 .....  SA_A13->DOC_A12 ,So
there is <<1 .

I have changed the ReadDOC_ and WriteDOC_
in include/linux/mtd/doc2000.h
#define ReadDOC_(adr,reg) readb(((unsigned
long)adr)+((reg(<<1));
#define WriteDOC_(d,adr,reg) writeb(d,((unsigned
long)adr)+((reg(<<1));

I am able to read & write to /dev/mtd0  using dd.

I have added nftl support. So i need to support make a
filesystem on disk on chip How can I do that.

Best Regards
Sanal.