compile error when using MEMREADOOB in do_mounts.c.

Paul Wong paul.wong at digitalview.com
Fri Jan 3 04:22:36 EST 2003

Firstly, thanks Thomas,

Let me to explain my system: I separate three partitions of NAND flash
(16MB),
/dev/mtd0   for kernel image , use dd if=xxx.img of=/dev/mtd0
/dev/mtd1   for rootfs image , use dd if=roofts.img of=/dev/mtd1
/dev/mtd2   for jffs2 filesystem

Firstly, system decompress and run the compressed kernel image in mtd0, then
the kernel (kernel 2.4.20)will decompress the rootfs image in mtd1 to
ramdisk. ( I modified the do_mounts.c to do it). Finally, I success to boot
up and run normal. But, I see fill_inbuf() in do_mounts.c, it only use the
read(..) functon to get the content of the rootfs.img (/dev/mtd1), is it
care the bad block??

best regards,
Paul