FTL of compact flash card

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jan 1 02:43:02 EST 2003

>From what I read here, what you want is a mapping that provides a block-wise
interface to the flash.

JFFSx is a file system. That will not do what you want.

What you need is some block-like FTL like NFTL or whatever goes on inside a
Compact Flash or ATA card. I am not aware of any open source code that will
do what you want. As far as I can tell all this code is fiercely guarded by
companies like Sandisk and MSystems.

Maybe someone can be more helpful.....

-- CHarles