copy filesystem to nand flash without ecc

kokseng choo kschoo70c at netscape.net
Mon Feb 17 11:02:35 EST 2003

tglx at linutronix.de wrote:

>On Monday 17 February 2003 13:36, kokseng choo wrote:
>

>Yep, but you still do not write fs-specific information in the OOB-area,
>except the ecc.
>This still solves not the problem to write a fs-image to the chip. Therefor we
>need a function, which includes writing of OOB data and filesystem dependent
>oob-layout selection.

Am I right to say that, I only have to put the fix pattern value --
which is cleanMarker in the case of JFFS2
in the OOB?  If this assumption is true, then I was thinking about let
the erase do the job. Because,
 we can modify erase function such that we can have "erase --jffs2-oob"
or "erase --yaffs-oob".
On the other hand, we probably can not change cp function to have "cp
--jffs".

regards
choo