Partitioning nftl troubles

tony hague SRI tony.hague at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 07:57:45 EST 2003

Firstly, sorry if this is a stupid question.

I have a 16M DOC2000, on which I am trying to create two partitions,
/dev/nftla1 and /dev/nftla2 respectively. With kernel 2.4.3, I
can do it: with drivers docprobe, doc2000 and docecc loaded,
I can fdisk /dev/nftla with no problem. It seems that the kernel
module loader loads the nftl modules when I do this.

With later kernels, including 2.4.20 patched with the cvs snapshot
of 4 Feb 2003, after I write the new partition table, I get:

invalidate: busy buffer

several times (at least 17) before fdisk exits. Anyone know what is
happening ?

Thanks for any help.

Tony Hague.