Patch - remove unused CDL

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Feb 5 09:15:02 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 07:11, David Woodhouse wrote:

> > Jonathan has pointed out at some of the CDL used for JFFS2
> > is obsolete (not used by the package).  The attached patch
> > will take care of it.
>
> Please apply.

OK - Is there a ChangeLog to update (or other mechanism)?

> > Two questions:
> >  * How do patches get reviewed, applied, etc?
> >

> People send patches to the mailing list. If they persist in sending sane
> patches, I give them a SSH key and ask them to commit them themselves.
> That way, I get to keep track of who committed what and I know who to
> blame when stuff goes wrong. If people to whom I've given commit access
> commit something silly, I shout at them and make them fix it :)
>
> >  * What about my change to the RedBoot partition scanning?
>
> I don't like the partition code looking at mtd->priv. That's _private_
> :)
>
> I suspect we'd do better to add an 'origin' argument to _all_ the
> partition parsing routines -- the AFS one could probably do with it too.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood.  I'll prepare a patch for a different
approach.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary at mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc