Duplicate the JFFS2 partition on NAND flash with bad blocks

Kevin Liao kevinliao at iei.com.tw
Thu Dec 18 04:00:32 EST 2003

Does anyone know what could be happened for the following conditions:

1. Duplicate one NAND flash (with some JFFS2 partitions and bad blocks) to
another NAND flash (without any bad block)
2. Duplicate one NAND flash (with some JFFS2 partitions but no bad block) to
another NAND flash (with some bad blocks)
3. Duplicate one NAND flash (with some JFFS2 partitions and bad blocks) to
another NAND flash (also with some bad blocks but on different positions)

Can all data and partition information be kept without any problem on the
second NAND flash? Because I have one of the above situations and though the
kernel on both NAND flashes are the same, I can not mount one JFFS2
partition after duplication. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kevin