latest MTD snapshot

J.D. Bakker bakker at thorgal.et.tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 29 10:07:51 EDT 2003

At 15:56 +0200 29-08-2003, Luca Contini wrote:
>  > At 15:28 +0200 29-08-2003, Luca Contini wrote:
>  > >What Am I missing?
>>
>>  1) Which kernel version ?
>
>2.4.18-rmk6-swl6

That's a pretty ancient kernel (almost 18 months old). You may want
to retry with 2.4.21-rmk1 (works fine on the LART, which is also
arm-based).

>  > 3) Any particular reason why you don't use the patchin.sh script ? I
>>  know, you 'only' need mtdblock, but partial installs tend to create
>>  no end of trouble.
>
>I just thought it was easiest to do it manually just for mtdblock device.
>I've copied the snapshot to ../linux/drivers/mtd/util/snapshot and tried the
>patchin.sh:
>[root at Lab patches]# patchin.sh
>Directory  does not exist or is not a kernel source directory

You must give it the path to your kernel tree as an argument (as
documented on http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/).

HTH,

JDB.
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/