SRAM and MTD

Felix Frey ffrey at freesurf.ch
Fri Aug 29 05:04:06 EDT 2003

Hi

I'd like to connect a 32kx8 static RAM (battery buffered) to the ISAbus of my
x86 based system to frequently store sensitive data which _must_ survive a
powerfail. Access should be made through the mtd character device. By diving
a bit into the code I saw there is a ram chip driver, however, I got pretty
confused.
Do I have to write my own mapping driver or how can I tell the chip driver
where it finds my RAM device and how large it is ?
Does the ram chip driver accept any parameters ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Felix