Lost space on JFFS2 partition

John Hall john-news1 at cambridgetechgroup.com
Thu Aug 28 10:25:44 EDT 2003

"David Woodhouse" <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote in message
news:1062080106.12122.1.camel at hades.cambridge.redhat.com...

> >  and will it work correctly under 2.4
>
> Yes....
>
> > (in fact armlinux 2.4.18-rmk7)?
>
> ... but maybe not for ancient 2.4 like that. Won't be far off though
> -- you may just have to reinstate some backward-compat stuff in
> include/linux/mtd/compatmac.h which got removed recently.

2.4.18 is considered ancient? :(
I've discovered the backward-compat stuff - seems to mainly be 'BUG_ON'
and 'likely'. I did get some compiler warnings about %z in printf
strings - is this just gcc 2.95.3 not being aware of them?

> > On a completely different note, is it possible to disable
> > compression in JFFS2 without hacking the sourcecode?
>
> No. At least not if you count just reading the archives for the last
> week or two and applying the patch therein as 'hacking' ;)

I found this in the archives:
"Just replace jffs2_{de,}compress() with NOPs. Return zero from
jffs2_compress()", which seems to be more of a hack...

Regards,
John