JFFS-help!

Siddharth Choudhuri choudhri at cs.tamu.edu
Sun Aug 24 15:58:21 EDT 2003

> 	What confuses me is, is the command mkfs.jffs is to
> be executed with the target flash in the host system?
> or is this to be executed without the
> target solely on the host system and later the image
> file can be put in the target when the target is
> ready?
mkfs.jffs is to create a jffs image file (on the host). Typically, you
would then transfer the file (say jffs.image) onto your target machine and
do a `cp jffs.image > /dev/mtd0,1,2...` The steps are explained in
mtd-jffs-Howto.

Basically, mkfs.jffs is just a utility to create a jffs file image. Think
of it as a variant of mkfs command.

-siddharth