hardware cached reads

Jared Hulbert jaredeh at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 22:04:56 EDT 2003

I noticed the new map_info.cached in
/include/linux/mtd/map.h is only used in
/drivers/mtd/maps/ocelot.c.  I'm assuming this is just
incomplete.  It would seem the goal is to provide a
dual mapping of the flash to uncached and cached
regions.

Am I reading this correctly?

I was planning on implementing this anyway.  I've done
this for cramfs and for filesystems under other OS's.
It was a Good Thing, as in 2X file read perf.

Any tips, warnings, parallel efforts, flames, jokes?

-J