INFTL

Dave Dillow ddillow at idleaire.com
Thu Aug 21 12:47:44 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 04:54, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:03 -0400, Dave Dillow wrote:
> > Has anybody used the INFTL that is the CVS tree and can confirm that it
> > works for writing?
>
> Yes, but only on the DiskOnChip Millennium. There may be some incestuous
> knowledge about what to put in the OOB area which isn't shared by the
> DiskOnChip 2000 driver.
>
> Actually, I suspect it's possibly the reverse -- the doc2000 driver
> brokenly inserts the '5555' marker in the middle of the oob area, which
> should really have been done in the NFTL code instead.

In a related vein, was M-Sys's TruFFS being loaded at bootup? So far,
I've found no obvious problems that would keep it from working, but a
very odd problem.

I create a test file like this:
modprobe doc2000
modprobe docprobe
modprobe inftl vfat
mount /tmp/inftla1 /mnt
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mnt/testing bs=1024 count=128
sync

If I unmount and rmmod modules, then reinsert and remount, everything is
happy:
umount /mnt
rmmod inftl vfat
modprobe inftl vfat
mount /tmp/inftla1 /mnt

The file testing will still be there.

If I reboot the system, it goes away. The best I can figure is something
in TruFFS does not like something we do, either in VFAT or INFTL.

--
Dave Dillow <ddillow at idleaire.com>