"init not found" after booting GRUB on DOC

Selwyn Tang cyberdoc at alumni.cuhk.net
Thu Aug 7 09:15:17 EDT 2003

David Woodhouse wrote:
> Sounds like a problem with the _contents_ of your file system. Does it
> boot if you use 'init=/bin/sh', and if so, can you then run /sbin/init?

I figured out what's the problem: Since I wanted to try out booting with
DOC first, I didn't prepare the C library. But my busybox was compiled
with dynamically linking, it's init could not be started and resulted in
the kernel panic.

Now I compiled busybox with static linking and it works.

Thanks for your help!

Selwyn