Can't load yaffs.o (unresolved symbol __get_mtd_device)

llandre r&d at wawnet.biz
Tue Aug 5 03:28:27 EDT 2003

> > I'm using recent YAFFS sources downloaded via CVS on Aug, 1st with the
> > kernel linuxppc_devel_2.4.21-pre5.
> > I succesfully built the yaffs module but I can't load it with the insmod
> > command.
> >
> > Here what I get when trying to load:
> >
> > bash-2.05# /sbin/insmod -v yaffs.o
> > Using yaffs.o
> > Symbol version prefix ''
> > yaffs.o: unresolved symbol __get_mtd_device
> > bash-2.05#
> >
> > In the kernel's symbol list (System.map) I see the get_mtd_device symbol.
> > Why does the dynamic linker add two underscores '__'?
> > How to solve the problem?
>
>I think you are using an inconsistent version of mtd.
>
>The mtd I have here (definitely not the latest!) exports the symbol
>__get_mtd_device from mtdcore.c

Charles,

could you kindly send me the mtd you work with or tell me where I can
download it?

> > Thanx in advance and best regards.
> >
> > PS: I posted the message to the YAFFS's ml too, but unfortunately I got no
> > answers :-(
>
>Sorry I have been very ill the last two weeks.

Sorry for my unkind statement. I did not mean to pretend an answer but I
incorrectly thought this mailing list was almost abandoned (I clearly made
a terrible mistake!). Is it a available on the web an archive (something
like The linux-mtd Archives)?

I apologize again and I thank for your help.

llandre