zlib patch doesn't take?

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Aug 4 20:23:55 EDT 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 20:10, David Wuertele wrote:
> Thomas> zlib.h is obviously not updated.
> Thomas> Can you provide the output of ./patchin.sh ?
>
> $ ./patchin.sh -c -j ~/C/perforce/source/deschutes/kernel/metro-X225-M14.0
> Patching /home/dave/C/perforce/source/deschutes/kernel/metro-X225-M14.0
> Include Filesytems: yes
> Zlib-Patch needed: yes
> Method: Copy
> Can we start now ? [y/N]y

Have you tried to use link method ?

In which directory does the error occure ? In lib/... there is no zlib.c.
I assume something does not get updated properly. Maybe Makefile in fs/jffs2.
Before the zlib patch, there was a file zlib.c in fs/jffs2 and it is still
there if you have a 2.4.18 kernel.

Can you please check, if all files from mtd/fs/jffs2 are copied into
linux/fs/jffs2 ?

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de