Fw: corrupt my NAND flash device

Alex Samoutin samoutin at hotbox.ru
Wed Apr 30 12:54:48 EDT 2003

Hi Thayne,

>I'm jumping in because I have some chips that appear to be broken - they

>occasionally drop operations (erase/write)

>  When a command is

>"dropped" it seems to always succeed when sent a second time (don't have

>any examples that failed on the second try).  I'm interested because

>your situation seems to be related.  Is the problem that the chip

>sometimes ignores a command?  Does your retry fix things?

Yes I had absolutely the same problem. Some times first write command was
ignored, but second always successful. However I have no problem with erase
operations, only write some times was ignored.

(For Thomas) It’s not a bad H/W or incorrect timing. I’ve played with timing
and result was the same. Also I have 5 boards with Toshiba NAND chip and 2
of them are working fine without retry, but other 3 need retry for normal
operation.

Alex.