List etiquette.

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Wed Apr 23 17:05:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 April 2003 13:51:05 -0700, Russ Dill wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 13:40, Jörn Engel wrote:
> >
> > Why exactly? I kind of like the habit of changing the subject in the
> > middle of a thread where appropriate, like "foo (was: bar)".
>
> He doesn't mean a topic change like, "There is a bug in tool foo blah
> blah blah" "I like that tool, but I use tool bar blah blah blah" "(New
> subject) did you know how to do x in tool bar?"
>
> He means "I have an oops when I use foo with bar" "(reply) Where can I
> find the latest CVS snapshot?"

Well, my NOSPAM SH*T rant ended up in the spam folder until David
manually accepted it. So my best gues of what he means is "don't do
anything that creates work for me". And since the spam filter rules
are the way they are,...

But I don't want to second-guess what other people really meant.

Jörn

--
With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available. On Unix,
I am limited only by my knowledge.