Unable to write to some JFS partitions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 23 03:59:08 EDT 2003

In message <20030421115544.GB9550 at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de> you wrote:

> > > Note that there exist bootloaders which can boot
> > > from JFFS2 so you can put the kernel in there too.
>
> David, do you have a longer list than grub and ecos? Just curious.

U-Boot (the "Universal Bootloader" which is available sor  some  100+
PowerPC,  ARM,  MIPS  and  x86  boards) supports commands to list the
directory contents and to load files from JFFS2 filesystems. No write
support though. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot

If JFFS2 support is a useful feature for a boot loader is subject  to
discussion  -  IMHO the initial scan of the JFFS2 filesytem takes too
long to make it interesting for embedded systems where boot  time  is
usually  critical  (if  I need to have the application up and running
within 3 seconds after poweron I cannot spend 2 seconds on the  JFFS2
scan). But YMMV.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of  giants.
              - Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, 5 February 1676