Fw: corrupt my NAND flash device

Paul Wong paul.wong at digitalview.com
Tue Apr 22 03:05:48 EDT 2003

 Hi all!
     i installed the YAFFS file system in the NAND flash (samsung 16MB). And
 test the reliability. I tried to copy a 5 MB file to the mounted yaffs
 (spare 8MB) directory ( i separated the device to 3 partition - 4MB 4MB and
 8MB) . and then check the disk space, it is shown that it has 3 MB spare.
 Next step, I erased the file and copied another 5 MB file to it. The device
 said " no enough spare. Then I use the "mkyaffs" to format it, it is shown
 many bad block in the device. I checked the OOB[5] ( bad block flag) it is
 set to 0x00. Why? Why the yaffs set the health block to the bad block after
 erase file? Is the YAFFS not support big file ?  any ideal?

 Thanks

Paul